It is possible to get great results on many home improvements by doing them yourself. However, gutter installation is not one of these — and we’re not just saying that because we’re a gutter repair company. In today’s post, Renaissance Roofing, Inc. shares five reasons why gutter installation is better left to the pros.
- Get professional results. Gutters are a complex system that needs to be built with precision. Professionals take factors such as the roof’s slope and local weather records into account when designing a new gutter system, and every piece has to fit to ensure reliable performance — small mistakes can result in leaks or poorly-balanced troughs.
- The installation is warranted. Another compelling reason to work with professionals is the workmanship or installation warranty. If you’d elected to install your own gutters and have made a mistake, you’d have paid for the costs to correct it out of your own pocket. On the other hand, a gutter professional would correct installation errors at no additional cost to you.
- You get more options. Taking the DIY route means your options will be limited to whatever’s available at retail level. This means, unless you have access to specialty equipment like roll forming machines (equipment for making seamless gutters on-site), you’d be limited to building traditional gutters with ten-foot lengths of gutter troughs.
- It’s safer. Any kind of work that involves climbing the edge of the roof or cutting pieces of sheet metal carries a risk of serious injury. Gutter installation involves both, but gutter professionals are at a lower risk because of training and mandatory use of safety gear. Insurance coverage that includes workers’ compensation also helps make sure that the client will not be held liable in the event of a worksite injury.
- It’s convenient. If you ever need just one reason to leave gutter installation to professionals, this is it. The time and effort that you would spend designing, building and installing new gutters — as well as subjecting yourself to the risks we’ve discussed above — would be better spent with your family.
When you need a gutter professional in Salem, Oregon, give Renaissance Roofing, Inc. a call at (541) 791-4886. You can also fill out our contact form to schedule a consultation. We also serve communities in Albany and Eugene, OR.